Monday, September 13, 2010

The Test

I met my wife-to-be in the late summer of 2002, and we became engaged the following April. The intervening 7-month period was “The Test.”

During that time, I found out that my wife-to-be could handle the sharp end of a climbing rope,

On lead, Roger's Rock, Sept. 2002

Climb the High Peaks in any conditions,

Early season snow on Sawteeth, Oct. 2002

Wright Peak, Jan. 2003

And of course, ski:

Alpine...

Telemark...

Nordic...

and backcountry

I knew I had a keeper, and so we were married exactly 7 years ago today, on September 13, 2003.

What’s it like to ski with her? She understands how important skiing is for me, gives me time when I need to do a few runs on my own, and puts up with me pointing out Mount Marcy EVERY time from the top of Cloud. But most importantly, she loves skiing herself. During the winter, there’s nothing else we’d rather be doing as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment