Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gore Mountain: 02/28/2010

Eric gets fresh tracks in the woods

Yesterday it had snowed lightly on and off for most of the day. That snow must have continued overnight, because yesterday's tracks were filled in for this morning's first runs in the trees.

PineBrook Glade, re-loaded with snow

I started my day solo, skiing down through PineBrook to the SB quad and then a run through the Straightbrook Glades. After those runs, I ran into EDeO, Pam, Derek, Mark, Eric, Bill and others that drifted in and out of our group during the day.

EDeO in the Trees

We set about exploring the glades looking for fresh snow and enjoying the beautiful winter day.

Chatiemac Pam

No doubt today was a Top 10 day at Gore. I'd say best day this season, but the forecast looks good.


1 comment:

  1. 2 Archived Comments:November 3, 2010 at 10:12 PM

    Harvey44 said...
    Words cannot express my feelings, when reading this TR. One thing I can say ... Jeff, you, and all the Gore faithful ... really deserve a day like today.
    March 1, 2010 12:36 AM

    Powderqueen said...
    Glad you all got the goods. Wished I coulda been there too!
    I'm hoping to feel well enough to travel to Gore next weekend.
    March 1, 2010 7:25 AM

    ReplyDelete